Prism publishes original reporting, analysis and commentary that challenge dominant, toxic narratives perpetuated by big media and work to build a full and accurate record of what’s happening in our democracy. To that end, we welcome and encourage other outlets to republish our articles in their entirety, for free, subject to the following guidelines:
1. Give Prism credit for the piece you republish, in this format: “By [Author Name], Prism”.
2. If you publish online, in the first paragraph, link to the original story you’re republishing from prismreports.org.
3. You cannot modify the text of the original story, but you can add additional reporting or commentary. If you do so, include a note that says, “Additional reporting by [Outlet Reporter]”.
4. At the bottom of the piece, include the following line: “Prism is a BIPOC-led nonprofit news outlet that centers the people, places and issues currently underreported by national media.” Include a link to Prism’s homepage (www.prismreports.org).
5. If you’d like to use any of our media apart from the text of an article—such as cartoons or graphics—please contact us. Email Ashton Lattimore, Editor-in-Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. If you republish an article of ours, please let us know. Email Ashton Lattimore, Ashton Lattimore, Editor-in-Chief, email@example.com.