At Prism, our journalists are developing a full and accurate record of what’s happening in our communities and systems—developed alongside people on the frontlines of injustice. Our work is in pursuit of collective power and justice for people and communities who are most often left out of mainstream news coverage, with stories that impact lasting social, culture, and systems change.
To that end, we welcome and encourage other outlets to republish our articles in their entirety, for free, subject to the following guidelines:
1. Give Prism credit for the piece you republish, in this format: “By [Author Name], Prism”.
2. If you publish online, in the first paragraph, link to the original story you’re republishing from prismreports.org. If you publish a translated version, also include a note that says, “This story was originally published in English at Prism,” along with a link to the original story from prismreports.org
3. You cannot modify the text of the original story, but you can add additional reporting or commentary. If you do so, include a note that says, “Additional reporting by [Outlet Reporter]”.
4. At the bottom of the piece, include the following line: “Prism is an independent and nonprofit newsroom led by journalists of color. We report from the ground up and at the intersections of injustice.” Include a link to Prism’s homepage (www.prismreports.org).
5. If you’d like to use any of our media apart from the text of an article—such as cartoons or graphics—please contact us. Email Ashton Lattimore, Editor-in-Chief, firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. If you republish an article of ours, please let us know. Email Ashton Lattimore, Ashton Lattimore, Editor-in-Chief, email@example.com.